Friday, 2 November 2012

October empties

October has very much been a month of firsts for me, I got my first blog follower, first beauty box and first blog award (thanks Laurie). So I thought how best to round off the month with my first empties post, a little insight into the products have seen be through October.


Simple Spotless Skin Quick Fix Cleansing Wipes
A few weeks ago I did a review of these wipes along with a couple of other Simple products, they were great wipes for removing make up but I didn't notice any difference in the condition of my skin or spots. They claim to give results from day 1 but I think this month I have used far more effective skin care products.

Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro Primer
I only really bought this because it was on offer and I was buying the Rimmel foundation so thought I'd give it a try. I had not really used a primer before this, not regularly anyway, and I was really impressed with this one. It had a really nice texture to it and it worked wonders at evening out my skin tone and made my make up last all day long. I really noticed a difference in how oily my skin was too, usually my forehead in particular became quite oily by mid day but when I used this it seemed to reduce this significantly.

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation
Best budget foundation EVER! This foundation was amazing, Rimmel is not usually a brand I would buy but again it was on offer and I had read a lot about it in magazines so thought why not. I was pleasantly surprised by how good this foundation was, it went on silky smooth, had excellent coverage (better than some more expensive brands) and lasted all day long. I will definitely be buying this foundation again.

Models Own blusher in Warm Glow
I know this isn't completely empty just yet but I have a slight OCD about make up and as soon as it's not a full pallet I feel a bit funny about using it, plus I hate it when they start to crack and I think this one is about two uses away from crumbling. I am a huge fan of Models Own nail polishes so I thought I would give their make up rage a go too, when I bought this I also bought a bronzer but I only used it a couple of times because it just wasn't right for me, I ended up looking like the girls from Gordie Shaw. This blusher however has been lovely, it gives your cheeks a really subtle glow great for daytime although you do need to reapply by mid afternoon.

Barry M Lash Modelling Mascara
This is a great day time mascara, it does exactly what it says on the tin, volumises, lengthens and separates. It makes your lashes look super long and there is zero clumping, I don't think it has the impact that you would want for a girls night out but for everyday use it's perfect.

Parmolive Soft & Gentle roll on anti-perspirant deodorant in Soft Jasmin & Coco Milk
This is my favourite under arm, I prefer roll on deos because they don't irritate my skin, some aerosols make me really itchy and that's not a great look.

Insette Flexible hairspray
Honestly I really don't remember buying this hairspray and I don't think much thought was behind it, which shows how much I actually use hairspray. It was OK I guess, not too sticky and great hold.

BlanX Active Enamel Protection whitening toothpaste
Excellent everyday whitening toothpaste, I makes my teeth feel super clean and most importantly it works!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and more importantly comment. Muchos appreciated mwah xx

Disqus for Belles and Bows Beauty Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...