Wednesday, 19 December 2012

Christmas Nail Art

As you may or may not know I have a HUGE love for nail polish, I change my nail colour almost on a daily basis. Painting my nails is like a form of therapy for me, it really chills me out, which is strange as I have zero patience and fiddly things usually get me quite hot under the collar.

I have been wanting to try some festive nail art for a few weeks now as I keep seeing amazing images on Pinterest and Instagram and some of them look really easy to do. I only had one problem, up until yesterday I never had the tools to do it. Then this happened...

 
 
 
Whilst in Boots looking for gifts I idly wandered by the Models Own section, as I always do, and straight away the Wonderland collection caught my eye. I have seen some great posts featuring these polishes and I thought it was about time I added them to my collection. I picked up 'Jack Frost' and 'Southern Lights', I love how sparkly they are, perfect for Christmas. I also picked up the Wah nail art pen in white and because I had bought more than 2 products I got get a nail art kit for FREE!

So anyway back to my point of this post, the festive nail art. I thought I would give the red and white snow flake design a go, but mix it up a little with some dots, a bit of sparkle and a Christmas jumper design. What do you think?


I used Ciate 'Mistress' red for the base coat then used my Models Own white nail art pen to do the designs. For the snow fakes I used the tapered brush end and for the dots and the Christmas jumper (pinky finger in case you wondered) I used the dotting end. I then used my new 'Jack Frost' polish to add the sparkle, which I think just finishes them off nicely.

 
It was my first attempt at any form of nail design and I am pretty impressed, they are not as messy as I thought they would be and I cannot believe how easy it was. Seriously even if you are a bit clumsy when it comes to painting your nails you definitely need to give it a go, the Models Own nail art pens make it so incredibly easy to do.

If you want some more nail art ideas take a look at my Pinterest board...









2 comments:

  1. this looks really cute. love the snowflakes. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and more importantly comment. Muchos appreciated mwah xx

Disqus for Belles and Bows Beauty Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...