Monday, 14 January 2013

Simple nail art

As you know I have a small addiction to nail polish and I like to change the colour of may nails almost on a daily basis. However over the past week I have been trying to give my nails a bit of a rest so they can recover and get healthy, sort of like a detox for my nails.

If you love nail polish as much as I do you will have noticed that your nails start to go a yellowish colour when you have worn nail polish for quite a while and mine also go really weak, they snap and peel at the slightest little thing. I opened my freezer door the other day and the tips just snapped right off. So to get them stronger and looking healthier I have been using Solar Oil Nail and Cuticle Conditioner, it's an almond oil conditioner that you apply to your nails and massage into your cuticles. I have to say that my nails are looking much better and do feel a lot stronger, I haven't experienced any peeling since I started using it.

Last night the bare nails look all got too much for me and I cracked, I couldn't look at my unmanicured hands any longer, so this happened...

 
 
Somehow keeping the colour neutral and the simple heart design made me feel like I was easing my nails back into the routine after a week off, crazy logic I know.
 
I used Models Own Nude Beige as the base, I love this colour it was one of my most worn shades in 2012 and I think it will remain a firm favourite in 2013. Like with all Models Own polishes it has great pigmentation and I only needed two coats to achieve an opaque coverage.
 
I added the simple little heart design using the Models Own Wah Nail Art pen in White, I love these pens as they make it so easy to do any design. I used the nib end of the pen for this and it was soooo simple, trust me if I can do it anyone can!
 
I think the heart looks really cute, simple but effective.
 
Have you tried a nail 'detox' before? What did you use?


4 comments:

  1. Cute & simple - I am so bad at nail art. I need to start simple & work from there. Nude beige is a lovely colour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should give the Models Own pens a go they are really easy to use, I'm terrible with the brushes!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and more importantly comment. Muchos appreciated mwah xx

Disqus for Belles and Bows Beauty Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...