Friday, 22 March 2013

Pucker up - Topshop Lipstick review


At last a post!

I have finally managed to grab a few minutes to write a quick post so I thought I'd show you my new Topshop lipstick. As I have mentioned I've only just discovered Topshop makeup, as up until recently I have not been able to bring myself to go into a Topshop on the account of their 'fatist' nature.

Any who not only have I just discovered Topshop makeup but I have also discovered a love for lipsticks. I was always a lip gloss kinda gal and lipstick was just something I always associated with my mum, but lately I have become a bit braver with my lip colour choices and I have really got into lipstick.


I opted for 'Macaroon', I've seen this shade in a few blog posts and it always looks lovely so I thought I'd give it a go.
The colour is a lot brighter than I am used to so it took me a little while before I wore it out and about, but after wearing it around the house a few times I decided it was just too nice to only wear indoors. I love this shade and the lipstick itself has a really nice texture, it's very pigmented so you don't need to layer it on. One thing I will say is that it goes quite dry after a couple of hours and can look at bit patchy so you need to reapply regularly, which I haven't quite got used to doing yet and I have caught a glimpse of myself in shop windows and thought 'what the...'.
If you can remember to reapply frequently I would say go rush out and get this shade NOW! At a very reasonable price of £8 I think it is well worth the spondoolies.

Are you like me and recently left your sticky gloss behind in favour of a good old lippy?

6 comments:

  1. I love Topshop makeup! This shade looks so pretty on you! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to try Topshop makeup, out of everything Macaroon is the thing I've had my eye on the most it looks lovely. The colour suits you a lot :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous shade, perfect for upcoming spring!

    www.boldinballerinass.blogspot.co.uk

    Kamila xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely blog chick! please return the follow xx
    www.shahildarboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey :)

    I really like your blog it seems so real and honest, and I wanted to say that I love that colour by topshop really loving their make up recently!

    Have a great day!

    Katie <3 http://onegirlstakeonallthingsgirly.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the lovely comment, just what I needed to get me back in the blogging spirit :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and more importantly comment. Muchos appreciated mwah xx

Disqus for Belles and Bows Beauty Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...