Thursday, 26 September 2013

Origins...Skincare Dream Team!

For years I put up with terrible skin, constantly getting spots and blackheads and suffering with an awful oily T zone. Then last year I decided enough was enough, I had to start taking better care or my skin.

I have tried many products, good and bad, but I recently tried the Origins Clear Improvements Active Charcoal mask and the Drink Up Intensive Overnight Moisturising mask and I have to say I think I've found my soul mates for my skin.


I tried the Drink Up Intensive moisturiser first and was pretty impressed with that alone, I didn't realise just how dry my skin was until after I used this product. Then I got a random cheek break out, I never get spots on my cheek. So I decided to give the Clear Improvements mask a go and when I took it off I could not believe my eyes! The random little spots were gone, after one use they were completely gone! I don’t think I have ever used a product that has worked so well and so instantly.

The mask itself is like a thick, black gel when you put it on and then it dries and goes stiff just the same as any other mask. It doesn't give a time length for keeping the mask on, it just says leave until dried, so I left mine on for a few minutes whilst I tidied up a bit then took it off. I know a lot of people are put off masks because they can be difficult to remove, and looking at this mask I thought exactly the same thing, however I was impressed with how easily it came off using a little warm water and cotton pads.

My skin was a little red after using it but once the redness had gone down and I could see the full effects I really was amazed.


The images above aren't from the first time I used it as I didn't even think to take pictures, so these are from the 2nd time I used the Clear Improvements mask. I always have spots on my chin, at varying degrees of angry, you can see on the before picture they are a lot redder than on the after photo. I know the lighting is awful on the before but you can still see the difference between the two images and the after is a lot clearer. 

I try to use this mask every other day (depending on how tired I am) and then I use the Drink Up Intensive Overnight moisturiser after it. When I wake up in the morning my skin looks so fresh and awake and it feels like silk. For me these products have been the best combination for spot prone skin I have used, I would recommend them to anyone who is fed up of having constant break outs. 

They aren't the cheapest products at around £22 each but they are definitely worth it, you only need to use a tiny bit and you don't use them every day so they last for a long time. One thing I think it is important not to scrimp on is skincare; I can't believe I went so many years without doing something about my skin.

Thank you Origins for this dynamic duo!

2 comments:

  1. I love both these products and I use them together as well, they are a kick-ass combo :)

    Claudia xx

    Beauty and the Chic

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that these are a dream team! I bought mine from Cheshire Oaks last year & I have used them at least once a week.Looks like they really calm your skin down
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and more importantly comment. Muchos appreciated mwah xx

Disqus for Belles and Bows Beauty Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...