Wednesday, 16 October 2013

My first Shellac experience

Hello again, yes I'm still alive just a very busy bee!

A few weeks ago I decided it was about time I gave Shellac a try, I was going away for my birthday and I wanted to treat myself to a trip to the beauty salon as it isn't something I get chance to do very often. As a self confessed nail polish addict I have always been put off Shellac purely because I like to change the colour of my nails every other day, but I thought it was time a gave it a go.


I have to say the salon I went to did not have as many colours as I was hoping for but I decided to go for this beautiful coral red (not sure what the official name is) and I really liked it to start with. I loved how it made my nails look, the shape was lovely and they were sooo shiny, but alas I got bored as predicted.

After a couple of days I was itching to get it off but I tried to hold out as long as I could because my nails looked so pretty. After about 5 days I couldn't wait any longer I had to peal it off, and I know you're supposed to soak it off but I am just too impatient for that malarkey and as a result I ruined my nails.

All in all I was pleased with the look of the Shellac and amazed at how fast it dried, there was none of the awkward claw fingers when I was trying to get my money out to pay which was fab! However if like me you're into changing your nail colour fairly regularly I wouldn't recommend it as I think it is quite expensive for what it is. It cost me £22 for what was essentially a file and polish, and I believe that is quite cheap for a Shellac mani. 

I would maybe have it done again for a special occasion or if I was going on holiday and didn't want to have to keep touching up my nails, but I think I will just stick to good old fashion nail polish from now on. 

2 comments:

  1. I have never had Shellac either but it does look super shiny. I'd be the same though, I am terrible for peeling the colour off my nails! Think of all the nail polish I could buy for that price :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and more importantly comment. Muchos appreciated mwah xx

Disqus for Belles and Bows Beauty Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...